Whether your goal is individual selection, promotion, development, or building a world-class team, the first step in the process should include valid, reliable assessment. We have thoughtfully chosen an assortment of tools to help inform decisions and direct development. Some of the instruments we commonly use are described in detail below.
- 360-Degree Feedback. Our web-based 360insightTM Survey taps four broad dimensions of leadership: Intrapersonal Leadership, Interpersonal Leadership, Team Leadership, and Business Leadership. Measuring 17 competencies through 87 behavioral items as perceived by five unique perspectives (Self, Manager, Peers, Direct Reports, Others), this survey gives participants insight into how their performance is perceived at work. The participating individual and their manager also provide ratings of the importance of each of the competencies, which helps identify those areas that should be targeted for development. Results are reported at various levels to afford high-level insight as well as “deep dives,” both of which are critical to targeted action planning.Read More
- Personality Assessment. We employ the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®), which describes personality preferences on four scales, which represent four dimensions that describe the way we gain energy (Extraversion-Introversion), gather information (Sensing-Intuition), form conclusions (Thinking-Feeling) and deal with the world around us (Judging-Perceiving). We also leverage the Everything DiSC assessment, which is a model that describes four basic styles – Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Conscientiousness. Understanding your own and others’ preferences and styles is the first step to improving communication and relationships.Read More
- Interests and Values Inventory. The Strong Interest Inventory gives clients insight into their career trajectory and ongoing development. Results provide a depth and breadth of information on personal styles and interests as relate to career evolution. It can be integrated with MBTI results to deepen understanding on how your unique interests and preferences shape your work possibilities.Read More
- Executive Assessment Interview. Performance Insight helps our clients make these decisions by conducting in-depth individual assessments relative to both current and future job requirements. Our behavior-based, conversational interview is founded upon our background in organizational psychology and on decades of experience in employee assessment. Specifically, we target four areas of leadership impact: Intrapersonal Leadership, Interpersonal Leadership, Team Leadership, and Business Leadership. Our unique assessment format incorporates the use of a personality assessment tool and a valid and reliable IQ test. Through our process, we identify a candidate’s strengths and areas for development in areas critical to job success, future growth potential, and fit with your organization. This solution also affords a more realistic job preview that decreases the chance of turnover, increases long-term job satisfaction, and helps transitioning employees hit the ground running.Read More
- Conflict Style. We employ the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument to help individuals understand the degree to which they tend to be assertive and cooperative in conflict situations. This allows people to understand their preferred response to conflict situations and therefore better adapt their response to situations that call for non-preferred responses.Read More
- Cognitive Ability Measures. The Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test is a time-tested, validated instrument used for the assessment general cognitive ability. It is a brief, timed instrument that supplements the other assessment tools at our disposal, giving further insight into how people learn and problem-solve in a range of situations.Read More